Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Del Mar Fair

Today Mum, Dani, Reese and I braved the crowds and headed to the Del Mar Fair. My girls have never been before so naturally this was a must do on our trip to San Diego. I have very fond memories from my teenage years going to the fair. It's a little different with kids, a lot more tiring, but I am so glad we did it. Here are some photo highlights....

The pig races! OMG this was the cutest and funniest thing I have seen in a long time. Young and old pigs raced four at a time and they had the funniest names like  Lindsay Lo"ham" and Justin Be"boar". The girls even got to hold a 6 week old pig called Honey Boo Boo.

Reese asked for Cotton Candy probably 30 times within a five minute timespan. Here she is practically shoving the whole bag in her face. 

Rides!!!

More rides!!

Maybe the most once in a life time part of the day was when the girls got to ride an elephant!! This was so cool to watch I almost regret not hopping on there with them. This is Rosie the elephant...

Of course you can't go to the fair without sampling some fried, heart attack inducing delicacies. Mum and I enjoyed some fried pickles and chocolate covered bacon. Mum even tried a deep fried hamburger but wasn't a fan. The girls are now in bed as I write this, cuddling the three toys each I won them at the fair and I am thoroughly exhausted but we had a blast. The only thing I would change next year if we go would be that I would make sure Craig was there. We missed him today and I am sad he missed out on seeing the girls enjoy their day. Love you babe xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment