Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer haircuts

It's been about 15 months since the girls have had a haircut (with the exception of getting their bangs trimmed by their talented mum) so it was really time to get their hair trimmed. While I would have loved to see them in cute little bob cuts they were adamant that they wanted to keep their hair longer as they had been working so hard on growing it out. So, we compromised with a below the shoulder cut with some layers around their face. 

Usually I take the girls to a kids salon where they get to sit in little car or airplane chairs versus the usual salon chair. But considering they are both "big girls" now we decided to just go to an adult hairstylist. I didn't want to go the Super Cuts route yet I didn't want to spend $50 on a haircut for the kids so we ended up at Floyd's barbershop which is a retro hair salon filled with very interesting stylists and people. I thought the kids would enjoy the atmosphere.

They both did well. I was proud of them as they didn't wiggle or fuss. Actually Reese kept it extremely serious the whole time which was unusual for her, but I'll take it! :)

Cutting in progress

Reese being serious

Dani getting styled 

Finished and looking beauuuutiful

Looking lovely

The girls were happy that even though this was not a kids salon, they still had lollipops on hand :)

No comments:

Post a Comment